We love all of God’s children and all that comes with them! They are a high priority to us and participate throughout all aspects of The Journey. We welcome wiggles & giggles and all of the LIFE that comes with even our youngest in worship. During our 10am small group hour, we offer G.A. ME time (God and Me Time) for children PreK-5th grade and nursery is available for birth- 3 years. All ages are welcome in our sanctuary space during worship. On any given Sunday, you will find children helping to serve communion, working with our media team, collecting the offering, and dancing or singing in the aisles. We do know that sitting in chairs or being in a confined space may be difficult or not age-appropriate at times so we provide options for each family to choose from as they decide the best way for their child to worship. These options include: nursery, a children's message, and other family amenities. We look forward to meeting your family and walking alongside you on The Journey!
Get in the GAME each Sunday morning and bring your friends!
Our Sunday mornings begin at 10am with the Sunday School hour. We have options for infants, children, youth, and adults. Here are our options for children:
* Nursery for ages 0-3 years: Children will be cared for by professional caregivers who will share the foundation of loving God and loving others through play, song, books, and more.
* G.A.ME time (God & Me time) for PreK - 5th grade: This time is a fun, interactive, creative way for children to explore & learn faith stories. We will have a new Scripture Story every two weeks. During those two weeks, children will interact with the story in 4 different ways (2 ways each week): Hear & See, Make & Create, Act It Out, and Play a Game.
* Jesse Tree- This is intergenerational offering for children & adults. Participants will learn about the genealogy of Jesus as they discuss short Scripture readings and create family keepsake ornaments weekly. This offering will conclude at Christmas. Next semester this offering will be Godly Play.
ALL are welcome and friends are encouraged to attend!
If you have questions, please email Cheri Heldstab here.
During worship, your child is welcome to stay with you during the service, play in our nursery (4 and under), or attend Children’s Church (3-11 years).
We offer a fully staffed nursery for our youngest Journey guests and partners that are 4 and under.
Before your child goes to the nursery, visit our Children’s Registration Area. There you can complete:
- A one-time information registration
- A nursery nametag
We make sure that all of our children are safe. Therefore, the following procedures are followed each week:
- Parents turn their cell phone to the vibrate mode. We will call that number if you need to return to the nursery before service is over.
- You must have the other half of the nursery nametag to pick up your child. This helps to ensure that all children are released to an adult responsible for them.
Children start worship with their families. During Pastor Kyle's message, children who would like to are invited to a Children's Message. During the Children’s message, Ms. Chéri and our Children’s Ministry team share a message and lead activities that are geared for children to understand and relate to. The message and Scripture being shared are a reflection of the message that Pastor Kyle is delivering to the adults. Then the children re-join their families for communion, offering, and end of service praise and worship.
Any teenagers that would like to are welcome to join us during the Children’s Message to help run the activities and to serve as role models.