Where Do You Meet?
We meet at 310 San Antonio Street, Buda, TX. – next to Buda City Park.
Click here for detailed directions and a map.
What Do I Do When I Get There?
At The Journey, the focus is on worshiping God. We want everyone to feel comfortable doing that in their own way. Some people dress up, many dress casually; it’s up to you. There will be people outside ready to greet you. When you come in there will be a few tables set up for you to:
- Make a nametag. (Everyone wears one!)
- Grab some snacks, coffee, and drinks.
- Talk to our Trail Guide about childcare options.
- Read about or sign up for, upcoming events.
What About the Children?
We believe children are a blessing and we welcome the noise and movement that come with these particular blessings! Your child is welcome to stay with you during the service; we understand that some feel more comfortable doing that. Or, you may want to take advantage of our:
- Very clean, professionally staffed nursery.
- For children and preteens ages 3-11, we have a Children’s Church that takes place during the sermon part of our service. About 10 minutes into the service, Pastor Kyle will announce that it’s time for Children’s Church. A whole group of kids and adults will go to another area of the building. There, games and activities will engage the children with a focus on the same message that Pastor Kyle is delivering to the adults.
If you are interested in childcare or Children’s Church options, visit the Children’s Registration table.
How Long Does the Service Last?
Usually the service runs about an hour to an hour and 15 minutes. Generally, our worship service goes like this:
- Singing led by our Worship Band
- A quick overview of children’s options during church
- A short introduction to the topic of the day by Pastor Kyle followed by a Prayer
(Children involved in Children’s Church leave at this point.)
- Scripture Reading
- Song of Reflection
(Children return – expect noise for a few moments!)
- Offering Prayer and collection
- Communion and song
- Closing Prayer
- Closing Song(s)
Am I Going to Be Singled Out?
No! We don’t want to put you on the spot at all. Attached to the bulletin is a postcard for you to write your name and email address. That way we can touch base with you if you’d like. But otherwise, no, we aren’t going to single you out at all!
Do I Need to Pay or Give Money?
No! Each week we provide an opportunity for people to make an offering to the church. When the basket comes around, you can just pass it on or you can put the guest postcard in the basket. Our hope is that all who are a part of the Journey will see their offering as an investment in our transforming work in the world, but there is never a fee to attend.